Sew Travel Inspired is a travel & lifestyle blog that aims to inspire you to find the best travel adventures and local foodie experiences without spending more than you’re comfortable with. Enjoy!
Welcome to my About Me page! My name is Maria Perez. I started writing my blog, Sew Travel Inspired, the day I retired.
Why write a blog?
People I know often ask me about ideas of things to do based on my adventures, so I decided to write this blog.
I love being alive and having the privilege of getting to experience so much of this world. It is filled with so much beauty and amazement. I want to live every inch of my life, by being present to the colors, tastes, smells and sounds. And I want to inspire my readers to go out themselves and enjoy this amazing world whether it’s around the corner or on the other side of the planet.
Because I love great food, you’ll find lots of information on places to eat and foods to try. I often share a recipe I’ve collected on my journeys. I think a new recipe is one of the best souvenirs to bring home from a trip. It doesn’t take up much space in your suitcase and you don’t have to dust it once you get it home.
Now, let me tell you a little secret—I often pack my sewing machine when I go on road trips. I love visiting quilt shops, craft shops, and museums that showcase fiber arts. I love seeking out fabrics that are evocative of the places I visit. When using the fabric I relieve the adventure all over again.
Who inspires me?
My most favorite travel guru: Rick Steves. I can’t tell you how often I refer to Steves. I also like Samantha Brown. She is down to earth and keeps it real in her reviews.
What’s on my Bucket list?
Yes, I have a bucket list of places to see and adventures to experience. I’m just going to share a short list with you. It’s in no particular order.
- Claude Monet’s garden in Giverny in springtime
- New York City for the Christmas to see the iconic holiday sights
- Do Restaurant Week in as many cities as possible
- Visit America’s best idea—its beautiful national parks
- Experience Yosemite, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon through the eyes of my grandchildren
- Shop the Edmonton Mall in Canada and Mall of America in Minneapolis (two of the largest malls in the world)
- Visit Cuba while it’s still a collection of classic cars and iconic architecture
- Road trip Ireland, especially the magnificent Cliffs of Moher
- Learn true Italy cooking in Florence, Italy
- Discover Ancient Egypt and the Pyramids of Giza
My list is dynamic and always changing. And don’t be fooled—this is only a fraction of what I want to see and do.
So, where do YOU go from here?
- Contact me – I love to hear from my readers, and get to know YOU better, too! What do you enjoy about my site? What else would you like to see? And even…what don’t you like?
- Connect with me on Social sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter…
- Most definitely sign up for Sew Travel Inspired’s weekly newsletter, where you get summaries and links to everything on the site in the past week, special news, offers, tips, and whathaveyou…